IT and Laptop requirements
- i5 Processor (minimum), 8 gigs of Ram (absolute minimum).
- Operating System – Windows 10 or Mac v10.14 and above
- Not suitable: Chromebooks and laptops with eMMC storage due to major software limitations.
- Must have a battery life which is sustainable for the whole school day (five to six hours).
- IT must be able to access an account with administrator rights. This enables subject specific software to be installed while in class or at school as needed (such as Paint.net, MuseScore, Notepad++, Lego Mindstorm etc.). Students are welcome to have administrator access; but if you don’t feel comfortable with them having those rights then IT must be able to access something.
- Minimum 10″ screen – no iPad Minis
- Must include an external keyboard that can be attached or used with the device to allow full use of the screen.
Note: Tablet devices such as iPads without a full operating system are not guaranteed to be suitable from Year 7 onwards as there are limitations regarding their suitability in certain subjects, eg:, Digital Technology, or Mathematics and Science which require spreadsheet software.