Terms and Conditions
We are often asked questions regarding scholarships so we hope any queries you have are answered here. If not, please contact Enrolments for more information.
- Scholarships are available to New Zealand domestic students only.
- All supporting documentation must arrive with the application before the closing date, otherwise the application will not proceed.
- All candidates need to sit the examination papers on the same day and under the same conditions so if you are not available on the day of the exam your application will not proceed.
- Some scholarships do not have an examination.
- Scholarships without an exam have other requirements (i.e. proof of sports, service or performing arts achievements).
- Queen Margaret College will not provide feedback on applicants' performance in the any scholarship examinations, auditions or interviews.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview with the Principal. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email.
- A non-refundable acceptance fee of $460 is payable on acceptance of the scholarship for students who are not currently enrolled at Queen Margaret College.
- Remission of partial tuition fees through to the completion of Year 13 on the grounds that the scholarship expectations are met annually.
- The decision to award a scholarship and the level of fee remission granted is entirely at the discretion of the Principal. No correspondence will be entered into concerning the decision process or outcome.
- Scholarships will be reviewed annually according to the individual scholarship expectations.
- Should the diligence, progress or behaviour of a scholarship recipient prove to be unsatisfactory, then the Principal and Board of Governors reserve the right to terminate the scholarship. If the recipient leaves the College during the time of the scholarship to attend another Independent school, the value of the scholarship must be repaid.