The Queen Margaret College Board encourages open discussion and debate by ensuring information is available to the whole school community to ensure a diverse range of views are heard.
Current Members are:
Chairman – Andrew Knight, BMS (Hons)
- Andrew Knight is an experienced director and executive of both public and private companies.
- Andrew is currently the CEO for The Gas Industry Co and is the Chair of Taranaki Iwi Holdings.
- He is a chartered accountant and graduate of Waikato University with a BMS (Hons).
- Andrew currently has a daughter at the College.
- Lynne is the current President of the Old Girls’ Association.
- She is an Old Girl and mother of two former students.
- Lynne has owned Vibrafit for 12 years and is trained as a Sports Masseuse. Prior to this, she was a Medical Secretary and PA.
Anna Davis, NZRON; BHScNsg
- Anna is a Presbytery Representative.
- For the past 20 years, Anna has worked in various Presbyterian churches coordinating children, youth and families’ ministries.
- Jane is the current treasurer of the Old Girls’ Association.
- Prior to retiring in 2010, Jane held various corporate roles in both the public and private sectors, specialising in administration, finance, project and event management, marketing, Board governance and support, and HR.
- Jane also owns a document production and formatting business, and currently has numerous personal property related business interests.
Rachel Taulelei, LLB, MNZM
- Rachel hails from Ngati Raukawa ki te Tonga, Ngati Rarua
- She has spent the last 20 years marketing New Zealand food and beverages around the world; as NZ Trade Commissioner in the US, as founder of sustainable seafood company Yellow Brick Road, and currently as CEO of Maori food and beverage company Kono NZ.
- Rachel holds governance positions with Moana NZ, the Sir Peter Blake Trust, Young Enterprise Scheme, Wellington Regional Stadium Trust, NZ WineGrowers, NZ Aquaculture NZ
- She and husband, Walter, have one daughter at Queen Margaret College.
Lynne Dovey, BA (Hons), Master of Public Policy, Master of Business Administration
- Lynne is a Presbytery Representative.
- Lynne spent four decades in the public sector and has extensive experience in the health, education and social sectors.
- She is currently Parish Council Convenor at St Andrew’s on The Terrace, a progressive Presbyterian church in central Wellington.
- She also chairs Music Futures, a charitable trust which supports children and young people in the greater Wellington region in music education and performance.
- Alana is President of the Parents’ Association.
- Of Ngāti Ruanui descent and with extensive experience in events in both the UK and New Zealand she is currently Head of Sales at WREDA.
- She has one daughter at Queen Margaret College.
Tim Power, B.Com, LLB, LLM
- Tim is a lawyer with over 25 years’ experience working in both the public and private sector.
- He currently operates his own public law practice advising a range of government departments, Crown entities and local authorities as well as private sector clients.
- Tim and Karen have two daughters at Queen Margaret College and a son at Wellesley College.
Dr Sarah Burke, PhD
- Sarah is co-owner of a Psychology-based consulting business with offices in New Zealand, Australia, and Singapore.
- Her interest is in the selection, development and retention of talent and working alongside organisations to lift efficiency and nurture excellence.
- Sarah has a doctoral degree, a Master of Arts, and Bachelor of Education degree and over 20 years’ experience in business operations, sales, and marketing.
- She has two daughters at Queen Margaret College.
Simon Law, BCA
- Simon is Regional Sales Manager – Central and Southern, DB Breweries.
- He has 20 years of experience in managing, coaching and leading successful sales teams and positively influencing culture within global organisations.
- He and his wife, Kylie, have a daughter at Queen Margaret College.
- John is currently working for the New Zealand Treasury as a Principal Advisor.
- Prior to this he worked at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand for 12 years in the Financial Markets department, and has worked in financial markets in New Zealand and London since 1989.
- He is a member of the NZ Institute of Directors.
- John has one daughter at QMC.
- Nicki joined New Zealand Rugby in 2017 as the Chief Financial Officer and in 2018 her role broadened to Chief Operating Officer.
- A qualified Chartered Accountant Nicki has held senior executive roles at BP, working in New Zealand, Australia and the United Kingdom, with extensive experience across strategy, sales and marketing portfolios.
- Nicki and her husband Rob have two daughters at Queen Margaret College.
- Sarah is the Treasurer of the Parents’ Association and is the Association’s Board nominee
- She is a Senior Advisor at the Ministry of Education and has extensive experience in school property
- Her only daughter has been at Queen Margaret College since Preschool and is now in the Middle School.
The Board’s vision for the future of the College is contained in the 2019 Strategic Plan.