The Queen Margaret College Board encourages open discussion and debate by ensuring information is available to the whole school community to ensure a diverse range of views are heard.
Current Members are:
Chairman – Mr Andrew Knight BMS (Hons)
- Andrew Knight is an experienced director and executive of both public and private companies.
- Andrew is currently the CEO for The Gas Industry Co and is the Chair of Taranaki Iwi Holdings.
- He is a chartered accountant and graduate of Waikato University with a BMS (Hons).
- Andrew currently has a daughter at the College.
Mr Murray Coppersmith, BCA
Mrs Lynne Speight
- Lynne is the current President of the Old Girls’ Association.
- She is an Old Girl and mother of two former students.
- Lynne has owned Vibratfit for 12 years and is trained as a Sports Masseurs. Prior to this, she was a Medical Secretary and PA.
Mrs Anna Davis, NZRON; BHScNsg
- Anna is a Presbytery Representative.
- For the past 20 years, Anna has worked in various Presbyterian churches coordinating children, youth and families’ ministries.
Mrs Jane Ball
- Jane is the current treasurer of the Old Girls’ Association.
- Prior to retiring in 2010, Jane held various corporate roles in both the public and private sectors, specialising in administration, finance, project and event management, marketing, Board governance and support, and HR.
- Jane also owns a document production and formatting business, and currently has numerous personal property related business interests.
Ms Rachel Taulelei, LLB, MNZM
- Rachel hails from Ngati Raukawa ki te Tonga, Ngati Rarua
- She has spent the last 20 years marketing New Zealand food and beverages around the world; as NZ Trade Commissioner in the US, as founder of sustainable seafood company Yellow Brick Road, and currently as CEO of Maori food and beverage company Kono NZ.
- Rachel holds governance positions with Moana NZ, the Sir Peter Blake Trust, Young Enterprise Scheme, Wellington Regional Stadium Trust, NZ WineGrowers, NZ Aquaculture NZ
- She and husband, Walter, have one daughter at Queen Margaret College.
Lynne Dovey BA Honours, Master of Public Policy, Master of Business Administration
- Lynne is a Presbytery Representative.
- Lynne spent four decades in the public sector and has extensive experience in the health, education and social sectors.
- She is currently Parish Council Convenor at St Andrew’s on The Terrace, a progressive Presbyterian church in central Wellington.
- She also chairs Music Futures, a charitable trust which supports children and young people in the greater Wellington region in music education and performance.
- Alana is President of the Parents’ Association.
- Of Ngāti Ruanui descent and with extensive experience in events in both the UK and New Zealand she is currently Head of Sales at WREDA.
- She has one daughter in the Junior School.
Andi Shirtcliffe B.Pharm PG Dip(Clin) Pharm FPS
- Chief Pharmacy Advisor at the Ministry of Health and clinical pharmacist in care of the elderly and dementia care.
- She has over 15 years governance experience in membership advocacy, post registration education and regulator organisations. Andi is a current member of the NZ Institute of Directors.
- Andi is a current member of the QMC Parents’ Association committee and past president.
Tim Power B.Com, LL.B, LL.M
- Tim is a lawyer with over 25 years’ experience working in both the public and private sector.
- He currently operates his own public law practice advising a range of government departments, Crown entities and local authorities as well as private sector clients.
- Tim and Karen have two daughters at Queen Margaret College and a son at Wellesley College.
The Board’s vision for the future of the College is contained in the document Momentum Plus.