Scholarships for current and future students
Registrations for 2020 Scholarships are now open!
Queen Margaret College offers merit based scholarships to deserving and promising students going into Year 7, Year 9 and Senior Years (11–13). Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement and performance, character and disposition at the discretion of the Principal.
How to apply
Year 7 and Year 9 Scholarships
Click here to apply for a Year 7 or Year 9 Scholarship.
All applicants will be invited to sit an examination in English, Mathematics and General Knowledge. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to an interview with the Principal.
Year 7 and 9 applications close on Friday 17 May 2019.
Senior School Scholarships
To apply for a Senior School Scholarship please submit an application which includes:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Recent school reports
- NZQA record of learning
- A cover letter from a parent or guardian
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview with the Principal.
Send your application via post, email or leave at Queen Margaret College reception. Please mark your application for the attention of the Enrolments Director.
Senior Years applications close on Friday 30 August 2019.
Note: A non-refundable fee of $460.00 is payable on acceptance of the scholarship for students who are not currently enrolled at the College.
For further information please see FAQ below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What Scholarships does the College offer?
The Year 7 Academic Scholarship is awarded for up to 4 years and provides for up to 50% of tuition fees.
The Year 9 Academic Scholarship is awarded for up to 3 years and provides for up to 50% of tuition fees.
Scholarships are reviewed annually and in general students hold these scholarships for their time at the College, excluding the Year 7 scholarship. The Year 7 scholarship is only for four years and students continuing into Year 11 can apply for the Principal’s Senior School Discretionary Scholarship.
How do I know my application has been received?
On submission an automated message will appear on screen, thanking you for submitting. Please contact the school if this is not the case.
When will I be sent details about the scholarship examination?
If sitting an examination is required, an email will be sent out from the school a month prior to the exams giving details of the timetable for the day.
What if I am not available on the day of the exam?
All candidates need to sit the papers on the same day and under the same conditions so if you are not available on the day of the exam your application will not proceed.
What is in the scholarship exam?
English, Maths and General Knowledge.
Can I study for the exam?
Not really. Exams are based on the students’ current year level standard.
Are sample papers available?
Do I have to wear my school uniform to the exam?
What happens after I have taken the exam?
Once papers have been marked, selected candidates will be invited for an interview with the Principal and Head of Middle School. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email.
Is there an exam for the Senior School Discretionary Scholarship?
No exam is required. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview with the Principal and the Head of the Senior School. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email.
Terms and Conditions
- Recipients of the Year 7 Academic Scholarships are not eligible to apply for the Year 9 Academic Scholarship.
- Should the diligence, progress or behaviour of a scholarship recipient prove to be unsatisfactory, then the College reserve the right to terminate the scholarship.
- All candidates must be New Zealand citizens or residents. Those candidates who are not currently enrolled at Queen Margaret College must provide documentary evidence of New Zealand birth, citizenship or residency.
- A copy of the student’s most recent school report must accompany the application.
- Candidates are required to sit the scholarship examination at the College on the designated day and time in order to be considered.
- The results of the examination will remain confidential to the College.
- Sample papers of previous examinations are not available.
- The allocation of scholarships will be the decision of the Principal and no correspondence will be entered into.
- A non-refundable acceptance fee of $460.00 is payable on acceptance of the scholarship for students who are not currently enrolled at Queen Margaret College.