The Old Girls’ Association has donated a brand new dolls cabinet to the College.
Funded by the Brenda Willis Trust, the Old Girls’ Association replaced the cabinet sitting in Wilson Wing earlier this year.
Brenda passed away in January 2014 and left a generous bequest to the Old Girls’ Association.
She attended the College from 1946 – 1950 and was related to Graeme Hall, who was the College Board Chair from 1980 – 1988.
The dolls cabinet currently holds over a hundred dolls of all shapes and ethnicities, and each with a story to tell.
Students, staff, Old Girls, visitors and even former principals have donated dolls to the College over the year.
From a Buckingham Palace guard to a Japanese Sword Dancer, the dolls represent a myriad of different eras and cultures.
One of our most renowned past principals, Nancy Black donated the Mary Queen of Scots doll from Scotland.
Many Old Girls has donated dolls to the collection including Katherine Robson, who donated a doll from Finland and Jean Paterson, who donated a doll from Poland.
A plaque is to be installed on the Dolls Cabinet later this year to commemorate the Old Girls’ Association’s contribution to the College.