Year 7 and 9 Academic Scholarships
The Year 7 and Year 9 Academic Scholarships are for top achieving girls who would benefit from the opportunities offered by our holistic education. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of performance in an examination in English, Mathematics and a general scholastic ability test.
Following the scholarship examination, a short list of candidates will be selected and these students will be interviewed by the Principal. A non refundable acceptance fee of $460.00 is payable on acceptance of the scholarship for students who are not currently enrolled at Queen Margaret College.
Year 7 Academic Scholarship
The Year 7 Academic Scholarships are awarded for 7 years and provides for 50% of tuition fees.
Year 9 Academic Scholarship
The Year 9 Academic Scholarships are awarded for 5 years and provides for 50% of tuition fees.
In addition, the Principal and the Board has the discretion to offer 25% towards tuition fees in special circumstances.
Principal’s Senior School Discretionary Scholarship
This is for top achieving girls who would benefit from the opportunities offered by our holistic education. Applications will be received throughout Terms 1 and 2. The application is comprised of a Curriculum Vitae, recent school reports, student NZQA record of learning and a parental covering letter.
Applications close on Friday 1 September 2017 after which there will be formal interviews for those who have been short-listed. This scholarship is open to domestic students only. Applications can be received via post, by email or left in an envelope at reception addressed to the Principal. A non refundable acceptance fee of $460.00 is payable on acceptance of the scholarship for students who are not currently enrolled at Queen Margaret College
The Aspire Scholarship provides assistance for low income families towards the costs of private secondary schooling. It will contribute up to $15,000 per year towards the tuition fees of a private school for the duration of a student’s attendance at this school. It will also include a yearly allowance of up to $1,500 for course related costs.
Please visit the Ministry of Education website for more information.
Terms and Conditions
- Recipients of the Year 7 Academic Scholarships are not eligible to apply for the Year 9 Academic Scholarship.
- Should the diligence, progress or behaviour of a scholarship recipient prove to be unsatisfactory, then the College reserve the right to terminate the scholarship.
- All candidates must be New Zealand citizens or residents. Those candidates who are not currently enrolled at Queen Margaret College must provide documentary evidence of New Zealand birth, citizenship or residency.
- A copy of the student’s most recent school report must accompany the application.
- Candidates are required to sit the scholarship examination at the College on the designated day and time in order to be considered.
- The results of the examination will remain confidential to the College.
- Sample papers of previous examinations are not available.
- The allocation of scholarships will be the decision of the Principal and no correspondence will be entered into.