Beyond the Classroom
Queen Margaret College encourages exchanges which foster language development and global citizenship. Throughout the year students are offered opportunities to travel abroad or host billets.
Queen Margaret College has established relationships with a number of schools around the world.
Each year we provide girls with the opportunity to travel to different countries and experience life in a foreign school environment. Girls learn about new cultures, improve their language skills and become more engaged global citizens. In most cases, girls are billeted with host families, with the expectation that they will host a student from the partner school when it is our turn to host.
Our international partner schools include:
- St Margaret’s Berwick School, Australia
- Presbyterian Ladies College, Perth Australia
- Beijing National Day School, China
- Shanghai South West Weiyu School Shanghai China
- Wulian Number 1 Middle School, China
- St Margaret’s British school for Girls, Chile
- Lycée Baudimont, France
- Rikkyojogakuin Tokyo Japan
- Zuiryo High School Nagoya, Japan
- St Margaret’s School Tappahannock Virginia USA
We also have other international leadership opportunities:
- China, Europe or USA Global Young Leaders Conferences
- Student Leadership Conference, Australia
Laura Davison – International Director
Laura Davison has an MA (Hons 1st class) in French, and a Diploma in Teaching. Her current specialist teaching subject is French but she has also taught English Literature.
Laura is passionate about opening students’ eyes to new cultures and ideas through languages, exchanges and cultural practices. She encourages our girls to understand, appreciate and enjoy the many things all peoples have in common, as well as our enriching differences. She applauds the IB view “that other people with their differences can also be right”.
While Laura has travelled and worked extensively overseas she is proud to call Wellington, home. She enjoys gardening, film and walking her 3 dogs.