Queen Margaret College is Wellington’s leading independent girls’ school for Year 1 – 13 students with a co-educational Preschool and boarding facility for Year 9 – 13 students located on site. We offer a dual qualification pathway for our Senior students of either the IB Diploma or NCEA. We seek innovative and skilled teachers to fill the following positions:
Head of Learning English
Queen Margaret College is searching for our next Head of Learning English. This person will be a collaborative leader eager to take risks, have high expectations and is ready to lead our English faculty into the future.
We believe in the importance of girls’ education and are currently developing an ambitious programme of learning across the school.
This role ensures that our students and parents have a consistently effective and positive experience, and the appointee will lead the English learning area as well as the curriculum and assessment team.
The skills, experience and attitudes required are:
- outstanding knowledge of, and proven skills, in English curriculum development and assessment
- a strong understanding of current educational practice as it relates to student learning
- highly developed leadership and management skills
- we are an IB World School. Experience teaching the IB Diploma is preferred but not necessary
- demonstrated ability to work within a team environment, and to build a cohesive and effective team
- demonstrated ability in mentoring and coaching and developing appropriate professional learning opportunities for staff
- strong organisational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks and meet prescribed deadlines
- outstanding ability and experience in classroom teaching
The College offers excellent class sizes, an attractive remuneration package, strong professional development and a support community. All staff are expected to play an active role in the extracurricular life of the school.
If you want to be part of Wellington’s leading independent girls’ school and teach highly engaged students, send your CV, cover letter and application form to the Principal’s Assistant email@example.com by 9am on Monday 22 October.
Boarding House Supervisor and Activities Co-ordinator
Are you interested in helping students become more confident in a boarding environment? Can you organise fun activities for teenage girls in Wellington? Are you a team player who is enthusiastic and patient when dealing with young people?
Queen Margaret College is looking for a full-time permanent Boarding House Supervisor /Activities Co-ordinator to join our boarding team at Queen Margaret House. This role commences on Wednesday 23 January.
We are looking for someone who has a strong interest in the pastoral care of teenage girls, with good organisational and administrative skills and demonstrates maturity and professionalism.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- The wellbeing and safety of our boarders
- Assisting with the day to day supervision and duties of the boarding house
- Coordination and organisation of boarding events and activities
If you are looking for a rewarding role please review the position description here and send your CV, cover letter and application form to the Principal’s Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 15 October.
Preschool Relieving Teachers
Queen Margaret College is seeking submissions of interest from New Zealand registered teachers in relief work in our Preschool to start immediately.
If you are interested in working in a stimulating and high quality teaching environment please send your CV, cover letter and application form to the Principal’s Assistant: email@example.com.
We are seeking submissions of interest from New Zealand registered teachers who are looking for relief work. If you are interested in working in a stimulating teaching environment, please send your CV, cover letter and application form to the Principal’s Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not see a suitable vacancy at this time, we would be pleased to receive and retain your CV for future reference. The College welcomes inquiries from well-qualified teachers and is particularly interested in hearing from teachers with an interest or experience in the International Baccalaureate Programmes (PYP, MYP and the IB Diploma). Please email an application form, your CV and a covering letter stating your curriculum strengths to email@example.com.